Monday, March 16, 2009

About closing service accounts and other fights...

Last month when I called the SKY people to let them know we were moving they didn't seem none too pleased to hear we wanted to "CANCEL" their service and not "change address" even if we were moving out of the area.... finally after more than a half hour of listening to all this about "how great they are", "how no one compares to them", "what a great deal they are", etc, etc..... standing my ground the whole time, the guy finally said "ok, then just give us a call a couple days before you leave and we'll send someone out to pickup our equipment".... YAY!!!!! Communication, understanding, victory!
This morning when I called to remind them to come by on Thursday.... the dreaded total amnesia presented itself and once again I heard them telling me "cancelling is not as easy as all that, we have a process and we need more than a month to get it done", after explaining that last month I had already called and set it up they gave me the same song and dance and I knew we would have another fight to get this done.....
Having had this service for more than 3 years means we are no longer under their forced contract and so means we can walk away, we have always paid in advance and gotten the lower monthly fee due to this too, YET canceling will be a chore! RATS!
So I am filing out a complaint for to the PROFECO (Consumer Protection Agency) will print it out and take it to them bright and early tomorrow morning and see if they will take my SKY equipment so we can leave on time.... I will call SKY once more tomorrow and let them know where they can find their stuff and I will also let them know if they decide to do something negative towards us I WILL FIGHT THEM!
Don't know what else to do at this point and I hope they won't give me a hard time tomorrow, but it's never as easy as one thinks.... I am also going to Telmex tomorrow to cancel the phone line (and internet, oh no!) but they're not as hard as SKY.... nothing else is in my name so it
doesn't matter....
I wish I could just lock the door and leave it all, but my husband and son want their stuff- I would be happy just with my suitcase and traveling light..... well, maybe just kitty and I.... but that's another episode "Traveling with Krazy Kat or how to survive a long car trip locked in a car with a traumatized Yucatecan feral Kat...."
Keep checking on our continuing saga....

No comments:

Post a Comment